Fig and Walnut Coffee cake
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 min. (incl. cooling)
- Makes: 24 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup dried figs, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chopped figs and half the nuts.
- POUR into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 10 min. Loosen cake from sides of pan with knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool cake completely.
- MICROWAVE jam in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or just until warmed; stir. Drizzle over cake; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 200 calories, 10g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 14g sugars, 3g protein, 6%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 4%DV calcium, 4%DV iron.
- To Double:
This recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 cakes. Why not bake one to give to friends and keep one for your family? Just prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and using 2 pans. Makes 48 servings.
- How to Bake in 13x9-Inch Pan:
Prepare recipe as directed, using a 13x9-inch pan and reducing the baking time to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. No need to remove cake from pan before cutting into pieces to serve.