Creamy Garlic and Kale Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 30 min.
- Makes: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lb. red potatoes (about 6), cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped stemmed kale
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- 1 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
- BRING broth to boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes; stir. Return to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 15 min., stirring after 8 min. Uncover; simmer 5 to 6 min. or until potatoes are tender and most of the broth is absorbed.
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat. Stir in kale and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until tender.
- ADD sour cream and butter to potatoes; mash to desired consistency. Stir in cheese and kale.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 180 calories, 11g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 1g sugars, 6g protein, 35%DV vitamin A, 20%DV vitamin C, 15%DV calcium, 6%DV iron.
Prepare using KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
Substitute 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves for the chopped kale.
- * Made with quality cheeses crafted in the USA.